- Featuring the two active MINNESOTA manufacturers: ARCTIC CAT and POLARIS, from their beginning to model year 1995
- Friday evening: Pre-show gathering 7-10 p.m.
- Saturday: 11 mile vintage ride
- Saturday: CLASSIC ONLY trail ride
- Saturday: Side-by-side drag racing on ice
- Saturday: Swap meet all day
- Saturday: Silent auction inside Ballroom
- Saturday night: banquet
- Sunday: World’s biggest vintage judged show
- Sunday: Silent auction inside Ballroom
- Autograph Session: noon – 1:00 p.m. inside Ballroom
- Sunday: ORA oval racing on ice
- Sunday: LOUD snowmobile contest for both tuned pipes & megaphones
- Sunday: Swap meet all day
NEW CLASSIC CLASS:
We invite you to show your 1986-1995 snowmobiles as part of the “traditional class” judged show on Sunday. (or register as a non-judged participant).
– SURVIVOR CLASS
January 2015 we feature POLARIS & ARCTIC CAT.
This is not a competition between the two Minnesota Icon brands, but rather a celebration of more than 50 years of combined technological advances that turned winter into fun!
This year we will fill the Ballroom with pairs of Polaris/Arctic Cat consumer machines showing technology/design/styling evolution over time.
Also, look for displays that commemorate our 25 years of putting on this show. Come see our historic presentations and proud homage to the iconic vintage brands.
FEATURED MANUFACTURER CLASSES: (in addition to traditional classes)
- Arctic Cat/Polaris Early Race – pre-1974
- Arctic Cat/Polaris Late Race – 1974 and newer
- Arctic Cat/Polaris 1967-69 – unrestored
- Arctic Cat/Polaris 1967-69 - restored
- Arctic Cat/Polaris 1970-72 – unrestored
- Arctic Cat/Polaris 1970-72 - restored
- Arctic Cat/Polaris 1973-76 – unrestored
- Arctic Cat/Polaris 1973-76 - restored
- Arctic Cat/Polaris 1977-79 – unrestored
- Arctic Cat/Polaris 1977-79 - restored
- Arctic Cat/Polaris 1980-85- unrestored
- Arctic Cat/Polaris 1980-85 - restored
Other special interest non-judged displays will be found near the Ballroom.
Be aware that we have 17 traditional categories that are non-brand specific each year. Click here for the traditional judged classes for Sunday.
Can I have a replacement windshield in the “unrestored” class? Can I polish the tunnel? Click here for the Waconia Ride-In Judging Guidelines.
- Swap Meet. One of the world’s biggest vintage snowmobile swap meets. Come check out tons of vendors and individuals from all over the U.S. and Canada with parts, sleds, memorabilia and more for sale. Free swapping on Sunday!
- Hearty food for hungry folks. In just one day, we serve up some 1,500 pork chops, 1,300 hot dogs, 40 gallons of Chili and 100 cases of pop – plus cookies and mini-donuts for dessert.
- Trailer drop off. Enter grounds (with admission button) and park your trailer from 2:00 -6:00 p.m.. Vendors may set up on Friday afternoon as well. Must be pre-registered or buy weekend pass on Friday to participate on Friday. Save time in line Saturday morning.
- Ice Breaker Party. This popular Friday night get-together is at 7:00 -10:00 p.m. in the Ballroom, for the early arrivers. Special guests. Cash bar. NO meal service.
- Vintage riding: Take your old sled out of moth balls and bring it down for an 11 mile ride with 800+ of your old-sled friends. The biggest vintage ride anywhere. NO Minnesota trail permit required for this vintage ride. Starts at 11:00 am. Staging for the ride is on the lake.
- Classic-only trail ride. This is for 1986-1995 sleds. Starts at 2:00 pm. Staging for the ride is on the lake.
- Ice Drag Racing! One of the most important vintage drag racing events all winter. You can bet you’ll see some smokin’ hot sleds at this years event! Read more about it in our RACING page.
- Saturday night banquet with special Polaris & Arctic Cat dignitaries, a live auction and a great dinner. Banquet attendance is by RSVP only — registration form HERE and HERE.
- World’s biggest Vintage Snowmobile Show with over 45 classes and 140+ awards this year. Now with Survivor and Clone classes. New Classis class.
- Ice Oval Racing, courtesy of the Oval Racers Alliance (ORA)! Read more about it in our RACING page.
- Autograph Session: noon – 1:00 p.m. inside Ballroom. Bring your Minnesota Icon memorabilia (limit 3 items) to have legends and VIP’s autograph. Special event posters available to purchase.
- Think your sled is LOUD? Enter it in the Loud Snowmobile contest – it starts at 1:00 p.m. sharp. This year we will award prizes for both Megaphone and Tuned Pipe categories! Add your name to the registration list in the ballroom on Sunday morning.
- Silent auction of great vintage snowmobile memorabilia form 10:30 am to 2:30 p.m.
- Special interest displays inside the Ballroom
- 3:00 Awards Ceremony