January 2013 we feature SCORPION & BRUT snowmobiles and other vehicles.
This year we have made arrangements for you to see several special, unique and unusual Scorpion & Brut vintage and racing machines at Waconia. We are also inviting many Scorpion & Brut racers, engineers and mechanics to our event. Check back for updates as we confirm attendance.
We will have special classes for Scorpion & Brut displayed on Sunday. These classes will be:
FEATURED MANUFACTURER CLASSES: (in addition to traditional classes)
- Scorpion Race - unrestored
- Scorpion Race - restored
- Scorpion Pre 1968 - unrestored
- Scorpion Pre 1968 - restored
- Scorpion 1968 to 1970- unrestored
- Scorpion 1968 to 1970 - restored
- Scorpion 1971 to 1975- unrestored
- Scorpion 1971 to 1975 - restored
- Scorpion 1976 and newer- unrestored
- Scorpion 1976 and newer - restored
- Scorpion Survivor
- Brut - unrestored
- Brut - restored
You will be allowed to show your Scorpion/Brut, Massey Storm, Trail-a-Sled, JC Penny and Sears IF BUILT BY SCORPION
Be aware that we have 17 traditional categories that are non-brand specific each year. Click here for the traditional judged classes for Sunday.
Can I have a replacement windshield in the "unrestored" class? Can I polish the tunnel? Click here for the Waconia Ride-In Judging Guidelines.
- Swap Meet. One of the world's biggest vintage snowmobile swap meets. Come check out tons of vendors and individuals from all over the U.S. and Canada with parts, sleds, memorabilia and more for sale.
- Hearty food for hungry folks. In just one day last year, we served up some 1,500 pork chops, 1,300 hot dogs, 40 gallons of Chili and 100 cases of pop - plus cookies and mini-donuts for dessert.
- Trailer drop off. Enter grounds (with admission button) and park your trailer from 2:00 -6:00 p.m.. Vendors may set up on Friday afternoon as well. Must be pre-registered or buy weekend pass on Friday to participate on Friday. Save time in line Saturday morning.
- Ice Breaker Party. This popular Friday night get-together is at 7:00 -10:00 p.m. in the Ballroom, for the early arrivers. Special guests. Cash bar. NO meal service.
- Vintage riding: Take your old sled out of moth balls and bring it down for an 11 mile ride with 800+ of your old-sled friends. The biggest vintage ride anywhere. NO Minnesota trail permit required for this vintage ride. Starts at 11:00 am. Staging for the ride is on the lake.
- Ice Drag Racing! One of the most important vintage drag racing events all winter. You can bet you'll see some smokin' hot sleds at this years event! Read more about it in our RACING page.
- Saturday night banquet with special Scorpion & Brut dignitaries, a live auction and a great dinner. Also, charity build auction. Banquet attendance is by RSVP only --- registration form here.
- World's biggest Vintage Snowmobile Show with over 45 classes and 140+ awards this year. Now with Survivor and Clone classes.
- Ice Oval Racing, courtesy of the Oval Racers Alliance (ORA)! Read more about it in our RACING page.
- Autograph Session: noon - 1:00 p.m. inside Ballroom. Bring your Scorpion & Brut memorabilia (limit 3 items) to have Scorpion & Brut legends and VIP's autograph. Special Scorpion posters available to purchase.
- Think your sled is LOUD? Enter it in the Loud Snowmobile contest - it starts at 1:00 p.m. sharp. This year we will award trophies to both Megaphone and Tuned Pipe categories! Add your name to the registration list in the ballroom on Sunday morning.
- Silent auction of great vintage snowmobile memorabilia form 10:30 am to 2:30 p.m.
- Special interest displays inside the Ballroom
- 3:00 Awards Ceremony