- Featuring Sno-Jet and Kawasaki brands
- Friday evening: Pre-show gathering 7-10 p.m.
- Saturday: 11 mile vintage ride
- Saturday: CLASSIC ONLY trail ride
- Saturday: Side-by-side drag racing on ice
- Saturday: Swap meet all day
- Saturday: Silent auction inside Ballroom
- Saturday night: banquet
- Sunday: World’s biggest vintage judged show
- Sunday: Silent auction inside Ballroom
- Autograph Session: 1:00 p.m. inside Ballroom
- Sunday: ORA oval racing on ice
- Sunday: LOUD snowmobile contest for both tuned pipes & megaphones
- Sunday: Swap meet all day
NEW CLASSIC CLASS:
We invite you to show your 1986-1995 snowmobiles as part of the “traditional class” judged show on Sunday. (or register as a non-judged participant).
– SURVIVOR CLASS
January 2017 we feature: SNO*JET and KAWASAKI CLASSES
For our Sunday judged show we will have eight Featured classes:
Sno-Jet 1965-1970 Unrestored Restored
Sno-Jet 1971-1977 Unrestored Restored
Kawasaki 1977-79 Unrestored Restored
Kawasaki 1980-82 Unrestored Restored
Feature Brands “Race” Unrestored
Feature Brands “Race” Restored
Other special interest non-judged displays will be found near the Ballroom.
Be aware that we have 19 traditional categories that are non-brand specific each year. Click here for the traditional judged classes for Sunday.
Can I have a replacement windshield in the “unrestored” class? Can I polish the tunnel? Click here for the Waconia Ride-In Judging Guidelines.
- Swap Meet. One of the world’s biggest vintage snowmobile swap meets. Come check out tons of vendors and individuals from all over the U.S. and Canada with parts, sleds, memorabilia and more for sale. Free swapping on Sunday!
- Hearty food for hungry folks. In just one day, we serve up some 1,500 pork chops, 1,300 hot dogs, 40 gallons of Chili and 100 cases of pop – plus cookies and mini-donuts for dessert.
- Trailer drop off. Enter grounds (with admission button) and park your trailer from 2:00 -6:00 p.m.. Vendors may set up on Friday afternoon as well. Must be pre-registered or buy weekend pass on Friday to participate on Friday. Save time in line Saturday morning.
- Ice Breaker Party. This popular Friday night get-together is at 7:00 -10:00 p.m. in the Ballroom, for the early arrivers. Special guests. Cash bar. NO meal service.
- Vintage riding: Take your old sled out of moth balls and bring it down for an 11 mile ride with 800+ of your old-sled friends. The biggest vintage ride anywhere. NO Minnesota trail permit required for this vintage ride. Starts at 11:00 am. Staging for the ride is on the lake.
- Classic-only trail ride. This is for 1986-1995 sleds. Starts at 2:00 pm. Staging for the ride is on the lake.
- Ice Drag Racing! One of the most important vintage drag racing events all winter. You can bet you’ll see some smokin’ hot sleds at this years event! Read more about it in our RACING page.
- Saturday night banquet with special featured brand dignitaries, a live auction and a great dinner. Banquet attendance is by RSVP only — registration form HERE and HERE.
- World’s biggest Vintage Snowmobile Show with over 45 classes and 140+ awards this year. Now with Survivor and Clone classes. New Classis class.
- Ice Oval Racing, courtesy of the Oval Racers Alliance (ORA)! Read more about it in our RACING page.
- Autograph Session: noon – 1:00 p.m. inside Ballroom. Bring your Minnesota Icon memorabilia (limit 3 items) to have legends and VIP’s autograph. Special event posters available to purchase.
- Think your sled is LOUD? Enter it in the Loud Snowmobile contest – it starts at 1:00 p.m. sharp. This year we will award prizes for both Megaphone and Tuned Pipe categories! 1995 model year or older. Add your name to the registration list in the ballroom on Sunday morning.
- Silent auction of great vintage snowmobile memorabilia form 10:30 am to 2:30 p.m.
- Special interest displays inside the Ballroom
- 3:00 Awards Ceremony
The extended Gottschalk family ready for the Saturday morning trail ride!